Welcome to the Maxi Owners Association
Please feel free to browse our public section for information about Maxi's and our Association. Members may log in at the top of the page. We always welcome new Maxi Owners from anywhere in the world so please CLICK HERE for membership information.
You might also be interested in Maxi Yachts of Sweden on Facebook to meet even more members of the Maxi community.
From 2018 but the code still appears to work
I hope this emails finds you well.
With the sailing season now in full swing for many, I write to remind you of the fantastic benefits available with the Cruising Association, specifically for your members. We offer a huge 25% discount for members of the Maxi Owners’ Association and each member will receive a free of charge 18 x 9 burgee, which entitles them to a wide range of discounts around the globe.
Membership of the Cruising Association will be available for £96 for your members and benefits include:
- A mine of information; with over 6,000 members around the globe you will always have access to someone who’s been there and done that!
- 16,000 pages of cruising information on our members’ only website
- Access to our 10,000 book library – not in London? We’ll send them to your door!
- ‘Sections’ around the UK and further afield so you can meet likeminded sailors who have information on your preferred cruising grounds
- Access to our unique CAptain’s Mate app for the latest cruising information on ports around the world
- Hundreds of marine discounts ranging from marinas to charts and insurance
- London clubhouse with accommodation available from £55!
- Plus much more!
To take advantage of this fantastic offer, please ask your members to use the code MA2Y at www.theca.org.uk or come and see us on stand J419 at the Southampton Boat Show!
As ever, we’d be extremely grateful if you’d continue to promote this offer within your membership. If you’d like additional information, or membership brochures, please do not hesitate to contact me and I’d be happy to help.
Happy sailing for 2018.
The Cruising Association, 1 Northey Street, Limehouse Basin, London E14 8BT
Tel: 0207 537 2828 | Web: www.theca.org.uk
Dear fellow Maxi Owners
Your committee has booked the following locations for this season’s rally programme; details are subject to revision depending on COVID rules at the time.
1. 10th/11th April – Lymington (Dan Bran pontoon)
2. 15th/16th May – Island Harbour
3. 19th/20th June – Yarmouth
4. 4th/5th Sept – River Yealm
5. 25th/26th Sept – Shepherds Wharf & UKSA
Rally details, joining instructions and host yacht information will be issued in due course.
Regards,Richard M Sams – MOA Chair
Andy Horwood – Rally coordinator.
We have been contacted by Jon Akehurst who is interested in buying a Maxi 1000 – great choice but I may be biased owning a Maxi 1000 myself!
If any members are interested in selling their Maxi 1000, please contact Jon at email@example.com
Your Committee recently had a successful Zoom meeting.
- We are preparing a 2021 rally programme using, as a base case scenario, a rally structure that respects “outside” restricted social meetings. It would be good if we could find some new faces as Rally hosts, existing members will help provide guidance and support for the role. Any ideas for new locations? Please email to discuss – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The MOA “Whats App” has been very successful with 44 active participants. If anybody would like tips on the best way to use this app please contact any of the committee members. One to one chat can be done using the “call” icon on the top right-hand side of the page. We have had active input from outside the Solent which has been encouraging. Please take a look.
- In order to keep track of our membership (& boats) we will continue with our annual membership levy. As there has been no MOA rally activity this year, we shall be sending members a token gift, in recognition of your continuing support.
- A couple of our long-standing committee members, Peter & Sue Stonestreet, are standing down this year after seventeen years dedicated work. Peter & Sue have been very active committee members and their enthusiastic input will be missed. We thank them both for all their hard work over the years. They will continue to be MOA members.
- Next year’s AGM location will be finalised as soon as we have a clearer picture of the COVID lockdown situation. We look forward to seeing you then.
- Don’t forget to support the UK participants in the Vendeeglobe race. The web site is full of interesting statistics, Alex Thomson is 7th, 14.1 nm behind the leader, close.
Members will appreciate that our rally programme has been in hibernation as a result of covid. Despite all the challenges, members have managed to sail to France & the West Country. A casual look at the MOA “Whats App” message service will give some idea of sailing activity. (contact Julian on email@example.com with your mobile number if you would like to be added to the group).
We are planning an MOA Rally for Sat 3rd Oct/Sun 4th Oct so please hold the date in your diary pending an invite & final details nearer the time. The rally will be at Cowes Harbour – Shepards Wharf. Current restrictions permit a raft of two vessels maximum, with written permission from each boat. Overspill yachts will be berthed on the river side of the outside pontoon. Prepayment is required, with no refund. The option of a socially distanced dinner at UKSA is still pending confirmation. If that does not happen, we will organise some sort of DIY supper possibly in the Sugar Store.”
MOA – Committee Chair
Richard M Sams